Make a difference working with a strong in-house legal team, providing key support to the state government. Contract role to 31 Aug 2021.
About our client…
Our client is a well established state government procurement and legal team providing responsive and key service delivery to their clients/patients within the public sector. They are now seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Commercial Lawyer to support their Head of Legal.
About this role…
Based in Melbourne, this is a maternity leave cover role until 31 August 2021 reporting directly to the Head of Legal whilst working collaboratively with organisation’s management team including, senior Managers and staff. The purpose of this role is to provide practical and strategic advice on legal and policy issues, including a sound understanding of the tender process and contract law, assist in contract drafting and negotiations and assist in the promotion of corporate governance and risk management principles. Some specific duties & responsibilities will be around the following aspects:
- Providing legal advice on various areas of law, including, but not limited to, consumer protection, competition, administrative, intellectual property, privacy and data protection and dispute resolution.
- Assist in the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts based on procurement policies, best practices and case law.
- Provide legal and strategic advice to internal clients and stakeholders.
- Assist staff compliance with legal requirements, policies & frameworks by assisting in the development and implementation of training and guidance to staff.
- Assist in the assessment of requests for information, including requests under the Freedom of Information Act and by regulatory bodies;
- Risk Management eg. assisting with the application of probity policies & procedures; conducting investigations & reviewing any complaints; maintaining systems that support the risk frameworks
- Management undertake senior management activities and deputise the Head of Legal as required; contribute and participate in formal meetings; communications with senior & executive leadership teams
- Leadership -support the development of a vision strategy & organisational change, fostering a workplace culture that is consistent with the organisational culture through exemplary communication & empowerment.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be a qualified Lawyer, with 6-8 years proven experience in:-
- Procurement law and drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Exposure to investigations and process for assessing requests for information, including request under the Freedom of Information Act
- Awareness of systems that support corporate governance and risk management;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- demonstrate sound judgement and resilience;
- The role requires a disciplined approach, with exceptional written and verbal communications skills; strong attention to detail, organisational, team-building and time-management skills with a passion to make a difference in the public health sector.
What’s on offer…
As an integral part of an experienced and collegiate team (you will be one of 5 in-house lawyers) you will play a pivotal role in this specialist and dynamic group! In addition to attractive remuneration (Govt. Band 5 Level) you will enjoy a monthly day off, flexible working arrangements, access to employee assistance program and extra public holiday over Easter!
So let’s talk…
To apply online, please click on the apply button now!
In light of COVID-19 developments and in the interests of the health and well being of our candidates and our team, all interviews will now be conducted on-line via video link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
T. 03 9098 8776
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.