*Exclusive to Legal People* Sensational role for a proven Construction Lawyer seeking an in-house opportunity -this could be your dream role!
This will likely be the ‘dream’ role for a talented and experienced ‘Construction/Projects Lawyer seeking a new & rewarding In-House Legal Counsel opportunity…
About our client…
Our client is a prominent, successful & progressive national construction company operating in the Property Development space, you’ll undoubtedly recognise some of their more unique & iconic builds in & around Melbourne! Situated in a vibrant Melbourne city fringe location & stylish offices, they are now able to offer an exciting opportunity to an accomplished Construction/Projects Lawyer who is perhaps looking to step away from the traditional law firm environment or to relocate from a similar industry based role.
About this role…
Reporting to the General Counsel and together with the legal/management team, this role ensures the business has the legal support required to ensure contracts/legal requirements are compliant with company policies and guidelines; updating any legislative requirements, group policies & rolling out to relevant stakeholders. The role also involves assisting with transactional matters eg. negotiating/drafting of complex agreements; operational needs eg. contract interpretation and litigation matters.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Ideally 3-8 years post admission experience gained within a recognised Construction practice/team ideally in a front-end/projects role, with some back end exposure ideal but not essential.
- Ability to discuss/review key risks (legal, financial, commercial and technical) in respect of new tenders/bids;
- Excellent negotiation/drafting skills;
- Highly developed, effective communication skills -both written & oral;
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of industry standard contracts and relevant legislation;
- Possess an approachable manner in order to assist others in a team environment and;
- Be able to multi task and manage competing priorities.
What’s on offer…
In return our client offers an inclusive, respectful and innovative culture, high level support & resources, an engaged, down-to-earth office culture, recognises & rewards effort in addition to an attractive annual remuneration package!
**Please Note: This role is exclusively listed with Legal People**
So let’s talk…
If you think this may tick all your ‘dream role’ boxes – don’t miss this one! To apply online, please click on the apply now button.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
t: 03 9098 8776 or 0418361199
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.