Join a market leader in the automotive industry reporting to General Counsel & Company Secretary. Full or part time considered! Western Suburbs based.
About our client…
Isuzu Australia Ltd, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Isuzu Motors Limited (Japan), one of the world’s largest producers of commercial vehicles spanning light, medium and heavy weight classes.
With a rich heritage dating back to 1916, Isuzu’s vision is unquestionably to be consistently the number one provider in Trucks and Engines. Isuzu is proud of their promise to deliver a premium product to the Australian market, which also extends to their exceptional in-house Customer Care Centre. Isuzu Trucks is celebrating 32 consecutive years of market leadership in Australia and have continued to strengthen their market position during COVID.
At the heart of Isuzu’s success in the Australian market are their people. They take great pride in recruiting people that share their passion for excellence and innovation. Isuzu ensure they provide their staff with opportunities to continually learn, develop and grow with the business. The video provides you with a snapshot of what ‘Life at Isuzu’ is like, including their ‘state of the art’ facilities.
About the role…
Reporting to the General Counsel & Company Secretary this will be a fairly autonomous and pivotal role with the primary function of providing pro-active advice and legal support in managing the Group’s legal framework, on a broad range of issues across their businesses that may include areas such as:-
- Reviewing and negotiating key Contracts/Agreements
- Provide general legal advice including IP, Privacy, PPSA, Leasing, HR matters & dispute resolution
- Regulatory compliance relating to the business including Corporations Act, Competition & Consumer Act, OHS, Franchising, IP and Environmental Regulations
- Risk & Compliance management;
- Providing in-house legal education, briefings and updates
- Ensuring legal tasks are completed in a timely manner and within budget
A detailed position description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 8 years+ post admission experience within general commercial/contracts practice;
- Experience gained within an in-house environment (which may include a secondment) is essential;
- Ability to discuss/review key risks (legal, financial, commercial and technical) with relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent negotiation/influencing/drafting skills with ability to effectively manage competing priorities;
- Highly developed, effective communication skills -both written & oral;
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of the areas of law outlined;
- An approachable manner, with a pro-active ‘hands on’ approach in order to assist others in a team environment and;
- Ability to balance commercial business requirements with internal control and regulatory demands.
What’s on offer…
In return our client offers an inclusive, respectful and innovative culture, high level support & resources and an engaged & vibrant environment where your efforts & contributions will be recognised & rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, including the option to lease a car. Whilst this position is ideally full-time our client is also equally open to part-time candidates (3 or 4 days). There is also the opportunity to work some days from home.
Truganina (Western suburbs) < 25km from Melbourne CBD.
State of the art, custom built headquarters bringing all of their business units together to allow collaboration and team work – including fully equipped kitchens and dining areas, games facilities and basketball court.
Car parking provided
To express your interest…
Please click on the apply now button to upload your current resume and a brief cover letter.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
t: 03 9098 8776
This role has been exclusively listed with Legal People and all direct applications will be forwarded to us for further assessment and consideration.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.