Fantastic 18 mth contract role -Corporate/General Commercial Lawyer req’d by leading services brand based in the Clayton area -either 4 or 5 day/week!
Our client is seeking a ‘safe pair of hands’ for an 18 month Contract!
As a proven Corporate Commercial Lawyer/Legal Counsel in this rewarding in-house Legal Counsel role you will be partnering an established Executive Team of a leading Sales & Service provider based in the Clayton area.
About our client…
Our client is a prominent, successful & progressive national sales & service provider. You’ll undoubtedly recognise some of their more ‘iconic’ brands/products! This is an exciting opportunity and will be based in their Head Office (<30kms from CBD). Situated in stunning state of the art facilities! with a bright & ultra-modern feel, which also provides for undercover on-site parking.
About this role…
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (you will be one of two in-house lawyers!), this will be a fairly autonomous role with the primary function of managing the Group’s legal framework & legal risks and the provision of legal advice on a broad range of issues across their businesses that may include areas such as:-
- Risk & Compliance management;
- Intellectual Property/advertising/marketing;
- Terms & Conditions/Warranty;
- Employment/Human Resources;
This will include ensuring contracts/legal requirements are compliant with company policies and guidelines; updating any legislative requirements, group policies & rolling out to relevant stakeholders. The role also involves engaging with & assisting the various business units with both advisory & transactional matters eg. negotiating/drafting/reviewing of complex agreements; operational needs eg. contract interpretation and regulatory matters.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Between 4-8 years post admission experience gained within general commercial/contracts practice;
- Ability to discuss/review key risks (legal, financial, commercial and technical) with key stakeholders;
- Excellent negotiation/influencing/drafting skills with ability to effectively manage competing priorities;
- Highly developed, effective communication skills -both written & oral;
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of the areas of law outlined;
- An approachable manner, with a pro-active ‘hands on’ approach in order to assist others in a team environment and;
- Ability to balance commercial business requirements with internal control and regulatory demands.
What’s on offer…
In return our client offers an inclusive, respectful and innovative culture, high level support & resources, an engaged & vibrant environment, where your efforts & contributions will be recognised & rewarded with an attractive remuneration package!
So let’s talk…
If you’re able to commit to a full 18mth Contract role this may tick all your boxes! To apply online, simply click on the Apply button now.
N.B. This role has been Exclusively Listed with Legal People!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
t: 03 9098 8776
Our Ref: 3240336
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.