You will join the SRSPO Supplier Management team in developing and managing commercial arrangements to support the strategies and plans which deliver in-service support for the P-8A Poseidon and MQ-4C Triton aircraft and related systems. These aircraft systems are sustained through a Cooperative Program arrangement and related Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement with the US Navy and commercial arrangements with Australian Industry for the provision of local in-service support activities. SRSPO applies a collaborative and partnership based approach in the engagement of overseas Government authorities and local Industry partners and stakeholders to ensure that the contracted requirements are delivered on schedule, within budget and to the required level of agreed performance. The position requires very good interpersonal, negotiation, contract management and contract administration skills and experience.
In this role you can expect to undertake a range of responsibilities which include:
· Assist with procurement planning, tendering and contract formation of key Commercial initiatives;
· Ensure Contractor performance is assessed against agreed measures, reported accurately and in a timely manner;
· Undertake changes to Contracts on an as required basis, including undertaking Survey & Quote and Contract Change Proposal activities;
· With the SRSPO Commercial Manager, assure Capability needs of the Air Force continue to be met by the Contract vehicles that support the P-8A Poseidon and MQ-4C Triton;
· Apply legal principles, legislative and policy compliance obligations and critical commercial risk and performance management requirements related to procurement and Contract management;
· Engage with our stakeholders and respond to complex enquiries and contract management issues, taking the initiative to identify alternative courses of action where necessary;
· Develop and implement Contract Management Plan(s) that assist with ongoing Contract Management aspects and identify areas for opportunity and risk going forward;
· Build and sustain productive relationships with supervisors, staff and team members and actively participate in teamwork and group activities.
About our Team
Surveillance and Response Systems Program Office (SRSPO) ensures the availability and performance of highly complex surveillance and response airborne and related systems for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) – including the P-8A Poseidon and the AP-3C (Electronic Warfare) aircraft systems. SRSPO also acquires and supports common Aeronautical Life Support Equipment (ALSE) used on all air vehicles operated by the RAAF, Navy and Army. In the near future we will also support the MQ-4C Triton, a new remotely piloted high altitude long endurance aircraft system.
At SRSPO we are passionate about working collaboratively with our stakeholders and industry partners to ensure the necessary acquisition, sustainment and regulatory requirements are fulfilled. We do this to support the warfighter and achieve the Department of Defence’s strategic and operational objectives.
We offer an interesting and supportive work environment, a range of wellbeing activities and flexible work arrangements including the ability to work from home.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will have sound experience in undertaking performance based contract management and related contract administration activities with the ability to apply this to the management of complex, high value contracts and agreements.
You will have the ability to work constructively and collaboratively within a team, and across teams and with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve commercial objectives.
You will have the skills and personal drive to manage conflicting priorities and ensure business objectives and agreed deadlines are met.
You will be capable of applying complex legal principles, legislation and policy, and using this knowledge to provide valued commercial advice to stakeholders as required.
You will be self-motivated, well organised and be able to manage various tasks simultaneously.
A commitment to professional development and continuous improvement is also essential for this role.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 28 July, 2022
For further information please review the job information pack, reference CASG/03379/22 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=5514A29E-58DF-4AC1-705E-C8BAEA8124F7