Finding Opportunities and Talent You Won't Find Yourself Keywords
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Counsel to join a leading Australian Construction company.
Our client is a leading Australian Construction company backed by a global partnership. They are committed to improving the quality of living for the modern Australian family.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Counsel to join their growing team. This position will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for ensuring that the organisation’s operations are conducted within the limits prescribed by law, and that its rights are fully protected through the provision of legal counsel and guidance.
Your key responsibilities:
- Head legal aspects such as trade and commercial matters, labour, and corporate issues
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on day to day legal matters, including high quality and practical advice to managers on contractual disputes and oversee until resolved
- Assist with developing appropriate responses to deal with issues arising under contracts during the construction/operational/warranty phase, with particular focus on early dispute resolution
- Advise the organisation on its rights and obligations pursuant to relevant acts and act as a general counsel to the organisation to ensure it is informed of new or proposed legislation
- Prepare, review, and manage legal contracts and other documents to protect the organisation’s legal and business interests
- Liaise with statutory officials, departments or tribunals on matters affecting the organisation’s activities
- Represent the organisation in legal proceedings so that the organisation’s interests are protected
- Negotiate, draft, and settle all major contracts, leases, developer, display home and option agreements, loan agreements, bank guarantees, bonds, securities, and other commercial arrangements to safeguard the organisation’s interests
- Review legal aspects of the purchase of assets and purchase contracts to protect the interests of the organisation
- Review legal aspects of sales pricing and promotion programs
- Ensure all trademarks, patents and industrial processes are protected and kept in good standing
- Coach staff and managers on fundamental statutory requirements applicable to their role to help them identify potential issues and resolve problems
- Provide internal legal training to the business as required
- 8-15 years post qualification experience
- A current Australian Practicing Certificate, with prior in-house experience
- Excellent knowledge of commercial law, construction law, contracts law and the Home Building Act
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with senior stakeholders internally & externally
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and to drive results
- An exceptional eye for detail
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career with a leading construction company that can provide you with a genuine long-term career. You will be part of a company that values their team and are committed to delivering a supportive and inclusive environment. An excellent remuneration package is on offer.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a role you would like to hear more about please APPLY here or email [email protected] Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please call 0404 788 755.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.