Unique opportunity for proven Commercial Lawyer with expertise in renewable energy to join successful global Independent Power Producer company.
About our client…
Our client is a successful developer, financier, builder and operator of renewable energy power plants world-wide. Four years ago they established their presence here in Australia to tap into our under-utilised solar and wind capacity potential.
About this role…
Having now established their Melbourne subsidiary, our client is seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel to lead the legal matters of its Australian business.
Leveraging your in-depth understanding and experience within the Australian electricity market, your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing complex legal issues
- Providing technically and commercial sound legal advice; in particular as it relates to renewable energy project development, construction/procurement, project financing, M&A, joint development arrangements, dispute resolution and corporate governance
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of agreements, large and small (e.g. NDA’s, service agreements, joint development agreements, offtake agreements)
- Supporting the Development Teams with land-related matters during greenfield development phase and then with bringing projects through to financial close
- Supporting Technical and Project Delivery teams during construction, commission and operations project phases
- Ensuring ongoing regulatory and contractual compliance
- Managing external stakeholders, advisors and suppliers
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have:-
- 5-7 years PQE in a top tier firm or in-house team performing a similar role
- Demonstrated experience providing legal advice that balances risk mitigation with commerciality and pragmatism
- Combined strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (second languages other than English will be highly regarded)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities
- Solid Microsoft Office skills
This is a rare opportunity to join a global leader in renewable energy and establish yourself as a pivotal player in its Australian business. On offer is a friendly and inclusive work environment, attractive remuneration and the opportunity to take leadership. Apply today!
To apply online, please click on the Apply button now.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
T: 03 9098 8776
Our Ref: 3357071
**N.B. In light of COVID-19, to keep everyone safe, interviews will initially be conducted virtually via url link**
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.