*Leading large law firm* Seeking Commercial Lawyer to work closely with a collaborative Exec Team in Melb CBD office – Great Culture & Rewarding Role!
About our client…
Join one of Australia’s leading law firms where you will love the culture that has been built over many years embracing diversity, inclusion and supporting the needs of both their staff and clients. In this role you will be a Senior Legal Counsel for one of our most prominent and respected National law firms!
About this role…
Our client is looking for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to provide advice & guidance to the Executive team and more broadly across various teams of the firm.
In collaboration with the Executive team and Divisional Leads this role has a commercial focus and requires the provision of strategic legal advice in relation to interpretation of contracts and disputes, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of commercial contracts and develop/implement policies/procedures for legal & governance matters. Other specific responsibilities may include:-
- Provide general legal advice including in relation to privacy & data protection, IP/IT agreements, new product development and dispute resolution,
- As guided by the General Counsel, provide support for M&A transactions and working on projects and new business initiatives;
- Management of external law firms,
- Regulatory compliance for the business as it relates to the Competition & Consumer Act, OHS, IP, the Corporations Act, obligations of AFSL holders, and legal professional standards, regulation and ethics.
- Provide training for colleagues on legal and governance matters.
- Contribute to review & development of template documents eg. policies and procedures, commercial terms and conditions, property leases and internal training materials.
About you… ideal candidates will have:
- Min. 5 years broad ranging commercial law experience gained both in private practice and in-house. (This could include secondment experience gained within private practice.)
- Exp. to include advising/drafting/negotiation a variety of corporate commercial contracts and agreements (as outlined above), governance and provision of strategic advice around disputes, privacy and contract interpretation.
- Exemplary written & oral communication skills, adapting to audience eg. explain legal concepts to lay people and providing advice at Board/Exec. level;
- Ability to assess risk and apply sound commercial judgements;
- High level organisational, planning & management skills with strong attention to detail, ability to influence & negotiate;
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously.
Here you will find a down to earth & collegiate office culture, though fast-paced, you will enjoy being part of a dynamic & supportive team in a highly successful and well resourced firm.
If this sounds of interest -Let’s talk!
To apply online, simply click on the Apply button now!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
Sharon Henderson l Partner
t: 03 9098 8776
e: [email protected]
*N.B. Owing to current COVID-19 restrictions, to keep everyone safe, interviews will be conducted online via url link.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.